Friday, February 6, 2009

Wow! unexpected gift!

One of my regular clients came in today and gave me an unexpected gift. It is a Magnetic braclet similar to the one I show here only it is colorful. Very pretty and will go with many outfits. The braclet is nice,yes. But the reason she gave it to me is the real gift! When she was in in December to get her facial I spotted a spot on her forhead that looked unusual . I never panic my clients when I see something that I fear may be a cancer . BUT I strongly suggest that they go to a derm and have it looked at. Well she tells me that she had gone to her Derm and he said it was nothing. I was uncomfortable about the way it looked enough to really stress that I felt she needed a 2nd opinion and gave her the name of a doctor to go to . She followed through and went and it was Melanoma. Which is cancer. Left untreated it can spred into your system and well,kill you. She was so grateful to me that she brought me a gift and was so relieved that I had stressed this so much to her. This is why I love my job.

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing MOM!!! It is the work you were meant to do- we're both healers in our own way...this is proof!!! Now if we could only get the perks that doctors do... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you said something!! I know some people who wouldn't say a thing!

    ReplyDelete