Monday, February 2, 2009

American VS Foreign

Yes,I own a foreign Car. I am not anti American,the opposite actually. I relish in our right to choose. I have owned 3 foreign cars in my life time. A volkswagen,a Toyota,and my current car a 2002 Hyundai Elantra. All of them I purchased new. I have also owned a Ford Stinger ( a long time ago,somewhat of a muscle car) and a couple of Dodge Neons and a Ford Thunderbird. My family, when I grew up mostly owned Fords usually the station wagon variety.

Well I am feeling the pressure lately from everyone for owning a car that isn't made by an American auto maker. I see all the bumper stickers that say Buy American blah blah blah. Most people if they did any research at all would know that many of the parts in their American cars are foreign made. Or made in another country by workers that are not American . Out sourcing,heard of it ? So when you buy an American Car chances are 1/2 of it wasn't even made here. When I bought my Hyundaii I purchased it from an American who worked in a dealership owned by an American Franchise owner most likely. Our economy is so intertwined with other country's now ,it is more like World or Global economy.

I have purchased foreign cars for the following reasons. More car for the price. More options included for the price. Simply put the foreign cars I have owned have lasted me twice as long and for less money. Believe me I have owned both and that is just the plain truth. And why is that? Well for one they pay their workers less than we do. So they can afford to put out a car for cheaper. Well that has changed now with Auto workers making allot less than they used to. Auto Companies will be forced to put out a cheaper better quality car. Hopefully they will cut their CEO's pay down instead of taking so much from the workers,but I won't hold my breath on it. So with all that's changing my next car will be American made mos likely. But I will exercise my right to choose ,because thats the American way.

1 comment:

  1. yeah for sure- like my American Ford Contour with all Honda parts hmmm...yup that's buying American. Its so silly!

    ReplyDelete