Saturday, January 10, 2009

Winter slams us again ! WOOT!

Well we are getting hit with another big bunch of snow. I'm almost blase' about it now ,its happened so often this winter. I did say almost... I am having a few people over this eve and hope that the weather doesn't mess it up. I just hope next Friday when I want to take off for Chicago the weather cooperates.

What a wierd day at work today. A man came in earlier this week and paid for his wife to have a spa day. Massage,Facial,Pedicure and Manicure. Well she comes in and is like "I need to cancell ,there is no way I can do this today" We're like,umm why not? what happened" she looks distraught and says ."I just drove here all the way from 23 mile and I didn't bring my pedicure shoes and besides my skin is sensitive and I can't do the facial and blah blah blah." We are kinda stunned a bit and we say ,hey you drove all the way here ,how bout you at least stay for the massage and then see how you feel..It takes the boss about 15 minutes to convince her to just settle down and get the services. She seemed all upset with the fact her husband had done this for her.
Well some women would KILL for this type of surprise from thier husbands. But believe it or not this is not the first time this has happened . In the 15 years I have worked in a spa I have seen this or something similar happen maybe 5 or 6 times. I think for one,some people just do not like surprises at all. I have to admit I am not real comfortable with em. I would rather wrap my mind around it first. Not a big fan of surprise partys either. Don't get me wrong,buy me a spa day!! But just give me the gift certificate and let me make the appointment when I want to go. Think that is what threw this gift off. He came in made the appointment and paid for it. He also planned to watch thier new 4 month old baby and just sent her off to the spa. Sounds nice ,yes. Now she is thinking he should know her well enough that she would not have any control that way... I know .But being a BIT of a control freak I kinda get where she is coming from.
Oh well,she stayed and I hope had a great time. I also hope she just goes home ,kisses her husband and thanks him . But I have a feeling it won't end that way ...

1 comment:

  1. I have one word for that...just LET GO!!! not being in control sometimes can be wonderful! because without control you dont have to be responsible for what happens either...hehe!!

    ReplyDelete