Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting Ready to Go

Packing my small suit case for Chicago this weekend. Mainly going to see my new Great Nephew(actually hes already 10 months old!) and my nephew Tony and his wonderful wife Ann. Usually in the past when we have gone to see them we had some great nights and days on the town. Great restaurants great night life. Chicago is an awesome city. How I wish it were my home town. Detroit is slowly trying to become a great city ,but it is miles behind Chicago.
This visit however is sure to be different. Plus the fact that its freakin cold ! We will most likely hang around thier very cool home and get to know little Samuel,catch up with them and just veg. Thats fine with me. I look forward to going places with my daughter and going with her to visit some of my favorite relatives is something I'm excited about. The thing I am NOT looking forward to is the airport and flying. I have come to loath flying. It's not just the hassle of how to pack with all the restrictions its that I am mainly kinda fearful of flying these days. I know,I know,its safer than driving. And I am absolutly sure this is true. BUT if I get in a car accident chances are good that I will survive. Flying and accidents,chances not so good on the survival thingy. So anyway I am stressing a bit about it. But I will be fine. Deep breath..good in ,bad out...

1 comment:

  1. Relax mom it will be fine, besides you stress about driving too- so look at it this way- flying takes less time, so less time to stress. We'll be there before we know it!

    ReplyDelete