Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yes, there is always something..

to be thankful for...that is. Ha bet you thought this was going to be a rant. Nah..
well maybe just a little. Actually I was just going to post how I am thankful for a huge amount of things in my life. Roof over my head,food to fill my tummy,all that jazz. But most af all I find that if I keep faith that things usually work out.

Have had a horrible fall as far as work is concerned. Yep,the paychecks ,they have been slim. It has been the worst I've seen it in 14 years. 14 years ago was when the current bosses bought the place. Just in the nick of time,I tell you. I was very close to going out to get a second job that year.I was a divorced mom with a teenager to support and it was getting scary. They came in and said if you stick with us we will help you make a living. I said "lets do it!" I commmited to working hard for them and myself and we did pretty good the last 14 years. Well until the last 3 years when the economy took a turn,but you all know about that. Even still we managed to hold our heads just above the water. This year that became harder and harder to do. And low and behold we are once again getting new owners! How is that for irony?

They are young and energetic. Full of great advertising ideas (low cost ones at that!!) and I am once again saying "lets do it" I'm a bit older now and not quite as energetic as I was 14 years ago BUT I still need to make a living for many years to come. I am hoping they can bring some new life ,new ideas, new clients to the salon. Keep your eyes open for the Day Spa on Facebook and Twitter!! Many new promotions and specials coming your way ,lol.

So yes,I continue to be thankful and also thankful that I am the thrifty type. I'm a saver and very careful with credit cards. Keep it simple and recycle,I say.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment