Thursday, June 11, 2009

Somethings gotta give....

Just a short post to vent some frustration. Hey I named this Blog Rambling for a reason...lol.
People keep coming into work (I work in a Day Spa) and asking if the economy has slowed down business. And when I tell them yes they actually seem surprised! Well DUH! of course it has. I don't really know of any business in Detroit that hasn't been affected.
If any of you know a business that is flurishing right now please tell me,I could use the ray of hope. I will admit there are some restaurants that seem to be holding up ok.

We got a mailing at work the other day from the management of a large local mall. They were offering one year FREE rent,a FREE sign,FREE moving costs,and several other incentives for us to move our business there. We have NEVER gotten this type of mailing before. Scarey. My brother was just telling me that the next really bad thing for the economy will be the Commercial property collapse. Well it's already here. Empty storefronts all over. Half empty malls.

Frankly I don't see us pulling out of this for 10 years or so and when we do it will never be the way things were before. I feel bad for my daughters generation. They had such high hopes and everything seemed plentiful when they were growing up. Now it will be mainly up to them to try to straighten this mess out. Big job to fill.

Hang in there and when it all seems too hard to handle I know of a good spa where you can get a great Massage!

No comments:

Post a Comment