Thursday, June 18, 2009

As if we don't have enough to worry about....


Had a client in the spa today getting a facial. We got to talking and the" so what do you do for a living?" question came up. Well she is a prison guard at a prison in Wayne county. I am like "Wow you must really need this facial,sounds like a stressful job" She says it really is. BUT what is even more stressful is that they are releasing Prisoners way, way to soon. They released 70 last month alone and she said NONE of them were ready to be out. BAD attitudes,disrespectful ect. She knows most, if not all will be back in withen a year. She says it seems like they are only keeping murderers,everyone else is getting out.
I asked ,"is this becouse of over crowding?" She says no,there is room to house them,but there have been so many cut backs that they don't have the funding or people to work at the prisons to house them....
Great,just great I'm thinking to myself. She expects all will be back withen a year..that means all of them will do something to get thrown back in. Commit a crime or violate their probation in some way,I.E. commit a crime. And that was just 70 in ONE month,and that is just ONE prison.
Watch your backs ,lock up your homes,dare I say arm yourself? I have never been a gun advocate ever but now I'm thinking...maybe it's not such a bad idea?
My half sister's mom who is 79 just got assaulted last week at the mall in Florida. She was lucky they only hurt her hand some while they robbed her. It was daylight. She was scared to death! And most likely still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment