Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Can it get any worse?



Today I was informed that the Gym that I take Yoga at just suddenly closed down. This left many people in limbo that have already paid memberships or Punch Cards to use the facility. I had just purchased a 65.00 punch card to use for Yoga the week before. There was no warning ,they just had to lock the doors.

I can only imagine that thier business has taken a huge hit with the economy being so bad. A facility that large has to have a huge overhead to pay. I feel bad for them and for the rest of us being left out in the cold and unable to get our money back.

Thankfully the yoga teacher worked it out with another Gym to accept the punch cards tward classes at thier gym. Very generous of him ,but smart as well. I am sure he is hoping to pick up some new members for his own business. But I am thankful as I can ill afford to lose $65.00 right now.

Has me wondering how many more places will close and how many more homes will be lost before this all winds down. I think that it will get worse as this year goes until it will finally level off tward the end of this year. At least until all the auto related busineses close. Here in Michigan every single business has some tie to the auto companys becouse they employed so many people. It is going to take so many years to recover from this.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Rachel mentioned that. That sucks, but at least your card will be honored at a different gym. Is he teaching the yoga class or is someone else doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know man!!! what the hell- pisses me off when people wont acknowledge how bad things are right now- just because its not an "official" depression doesnt mean lives are going down the gutter!

    ReplyDelete