Monday, June 8, 2009

Families are like fudge,mostly sweet with a few nuts {author unknown}

I love the above quote becouse it sums up family to me perfectly. I don't know about the rest of you,but most people I have talked with have this view of thier family in general. You love em,but there are those few that you just shake your head about and even those few that ,well you just tolerate.
But all in all you still love them,faults and all. We have also heard that you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. Well I have found that if you have certain friends for long enough they become just like your family,mostly sweet,with a few nuts. Funny how that is.

Wonder which of my family members shake their head about me? I have certainly given some of them reason to in my life time. I married three times,the last to a much younger man. I'm sure that caused some head shaking. Most of my family I am sure look at me with fondness,at least I hope so. I try my best to love them all unconditionally,flaws and all. I remember all thier birthdays and root for them when they need it.
What has coused all this family introspection? Been talking with my daughter lately about loyalty. Family and otherwise. It seems sometimes we all can get cought up in our own lives that we forget what it means to be connected to each other. We see each other briefly on Facebook or My Space. I recently deleated my My Space account. I am thinking of doing the same with Facebook. I only keep it as a way to keep up with some old friends and distant family and they all have my e mail if they really want to contact me. I do find Facebook mindless fun sometimes.

Whats the point to all this? Nothing really,just rambling ......

I'll leave you with this last quote:
"It's not Flesh and Blood but the Heart which makes us Fathers and Sons" {John Shiller}

No comments:

Post a Comment