Thursday, June 28, 2012

What is Ticking me off these days??Road construction AND Rude drivers.

Here in Michigan summer is welcomed with open arms. It’s a nice break from our long winters. But along with the warm weather comes the dreaded orange barrels. Road construction kicks into high gear making the days of ice covered roads "almost" a nice memory. It's a sure thing that at least part of your way into work will be fraught with lane closures, and detours.


As annoying as it can be I realize we need to fix our roads and that we don't have a long season to do so. What I don't get is when I am squeezed down from three lanes to one day after day and don't see any work being done? What’s THAT all about? Why the heck do you need to close off a lane way before you even start to fix it? Is it just to get us drivers 'used' to it?


But what fries me even more is when the lane is getting squeezed down and you happen to be in the disappearing lane and none of the jack holes that are in the lane you need to squeeze you into will let you in. Real? what...the...hell.? I thought it was every two cars you let one in. Isn't that the rule?? I was so fried when the other day there were like 10 cars that REFUSED to let any cars merge in. Seriously people is that the ONLY control you have over your life is ruling your lane spot??


Trust me I am not talking about the jack hole that roars up the disappearing lane to try to jump ahead of people. That’s a whole other story. I'm talking about people that had no choice because the lane was ending. These people would not budge...People are so impatient these days. It is a sad state of affairs when you getting somewhere two minutes sooner matters more than just being courteous.


I have seen up close and personal how road rage can ruin a life. It is NOT worth ticking off the wrong person on the road, trust me. Next time some jerk cuts you off or you see someone being aggressive on the road. Back off, get away from them. It is not worth getting into any road altercation with them. Chill out everyone and just get home safe.


1 comment:

  1. Its every other car is let in I believe. I don't give them a choice...especially getting home on the I-94 parking lot in Detroit I've learned. I cut in and if they don't let me in, they will rear-end me and that will be on their insurance, NOT mine : ) It's literally stopped so it won't hurt anyone but you have to or you never get in! people suck balls!

    ReplyDelete