Monday, March 23, 2009

Sung a Mio,Blood of mine

The above saying is Italian and I will be honest in saying that I am not sure on the spelling. My Auntie Anna ,who was like a grandmother to me when I was growing up used to call me that all the time. I asked her one day ,what does it mean? She told me its an endearment for Blood of Mine. Someone who is close to you by blood but also by heart. She would hug me too her bossom and say "ahh my Sung a Mio" and I would feel the love pouring off her. She gave me tons of advice when I was growing up.Some great advice and some pretty funny stuff. She could train animals; even cats. She would have cats stay until she would say move ,all with hand movements. And get them to beg on their hind legs. Animals and her just understood each other. Like a private language. She could bake without ever looking at a recipe. Her cookies are legendary. Her smile would light up a room and her personality made strangers she met feel like they knew her for years after only a few minutes.She was one of the most essential people in my life and I hold her close in my heart always. I will have to find a picture of her to post....
Anyway this all leads up to the above picture of me and my Sung a Mio,Rachel. She is my blood and my heart.

1 comment: