Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Moaning..Sleeping on the floor can be awesome

I just got back from the dollar store where I picked up a bunch of stuff to give a co worker that is moving out of an abusive relationship and into her own apartment. She has literally enough clothes to fit into a suitcase, herself and her little dog. No furniture,no nothin else. She has no relatives in this state,as she moved here to be with "the guy" So she has very little moral support. I can't even imagine how scarey this must be. I know how I felt when I moved out of my house when I got divorced and this seems way scarier to me. She seems to be actually happy . I think it's becouse she has made the decision to get away and get on with her life on her own terms. Sleeping on the floor can be awesome if you are at peace in your world..

At work we have been able to line her up a bed with frame and a chest of drawers for her bedroom. Word is out and we think we also have a full set of new pots and pans and a set of silverware. Possibly a crock pot also.
I bought her a basketful of kitchen stuff ,cleaning stuff,ect and filled up a laundry basket . All for under $20. from the dollar store. Don't ya just love the dollar store?. I also went through my drawers and found a couple bags of clothes that she might be able to wear. She has lost allot of weight,no doubt to the stress she is going through. At least she is working and has a good support system with all of us at work. I wish her the best . Heres to strong women everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. aw, I think I know who this is- poor thing. Let me know if she is in need of any other kind of services I can put the word out there to the SWers and see what she's qualifies for.

    ReplyDelete