Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Proverbial "Salute"

I'm driving along the road this week minding my business and as far as I know minding the rules of the road when a guy pulls by me on my right extends his arm out the window and flips up his middle finger at me.

I'm like "what the ??" As far as I know I hadn't done anything offensive. He must be the same jerk back at the light that kept flashing his lights at me when I didn't turn right on the red,I think to myself. Well there was a No Turn On Red sign there;of that I am sure. I take that way home every day from work and you can believe if I could turn on red there I would to get home faster. So I'm thinkin to myself,what an ass he is to flip ME off when he can't even read.

So here it is a couple days later and I am still kinda miffed about this and that bothers me. Becouse it shows me how just a simple act as this can effect a peson for days afterward. Makes you think doesn't it? How easy it is to smile at someone,how that can spred around to all the people they encounter ect. And also ,how just a random gesture can also effect a person and spred..... I think I'll try the smiles.

1 comment:

  1. yeah totally...I get that crap driving to and from "the D" everyday- it doesnt even phase me anymore. If he's that pissed to make sure you see it, just laugh..he'll go on pissed for days while you can simply laugh and think, "glad I'm not an asshole like that guy." : ) And I vouch there is a no turn on red sign there : )

    ReplyDelete