Monday, March 9, 2009

Movie Review for Watchmen

OK. This is not your typical Super Hero Movie. It is based on the popular Graphic Novel that has been reveared for years by Comic book lovers everywhere. People that just like super hero movies may not appreciate this movie as much as some that have been made. It's dark,disturbing,and very violent. It setting is the 80's and much of the movie flashes back to even earlier times. It is done very well . I read the novel probly 12 years ago and had forgotten much of it. As the movie unfolded I started to remember much of what I had read. It seemed to follow the book very well. It takes a pretty unflattering look at mankind in general and you just don't ever get that "feel Good" feeling that many super hero movies give you. I think becouse at the end you really don't have anyone to cheer for. Your left feeling dispair. Not what I need to walk out of a movie feeling these days I guess. Enough of that on real life. My husband LOVED it. Gives it a 9 out of 10. Me? I'll give it a 7. Nudity,violence,lauguage you name it...

No comments:

Post a Comment