Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Loss of a friend

Sept 25th my ex-husband died. I don't really like refering to him like that. He was the father of my beautiful daughter and had become a friend.
He wasn't always the easiest person to deal with.Which is why we were ex's. In the last 9 years since he had gotten injured I had taken on the unlikely role of one of his caregivers,and we had formed a friendship.
I have never been one of those people to hate my ex's. How can you hate a person you used to love? Relationships end for a variety of reasons and I choose to relish the good memories. It doesn't serve your growth to hang on to bad feelings.
He was his own worst enemy most of the time. Causing himself more pain and agony than he needed to. He loved life and I have never seen anyone try to hang on to it like he did. I am thankful that he was here to see our daughter graduate with her masters and to get married.
I know he is in a better place now,but I doubt he would agree. He was in constant pain of varying degrees but he fought it just to live the best he could. I hope he is flying free with all those loved ones that passed on before him.
I am thankful for this man, My wonderful husband . He was understanding and secure enough in our relationship to let me help my ex. Knowing that by doing so would only make our relationship stronger.

Rest in peace Linwood.

1 comment:

  1. Both great guys, for very different reasons and in very different ways. I find it amazing how you fell in love with both of them because of how different they are- but I am so grateful I got to have both in my life.

    ReplyDelete