Monday, September 21, 2009

This story really fired me up!

Did police Taser legless man?
Reports say a California police officer twice Tasered a man in a wheelchair. Get the details of the story.

I have not posted in a couple weeks,but seeing this story on the internet got me fired up enough to break my dry spell. Most of you that follow my blog know that I help take care of my x husband who is a double amputee.

Now I know that you could be verbally abusive even sitting in a wheelchair and you could do harm while sitting in a wheelchair if you had a gun or if you were to strike someone that was close enough to you. BUT if you were sitting in a chair with your two year old daughter on your lap and two rather tall policemen,fully armed were next to you its highly doubtful that you could harm them.
They proceeded to knock the man out of his chair,he claims this happened when they tasered him and the jolts knocked him around where he fell out. Also at some point his pants fell down and they proceeded to cuff his hands behind his back and let him sit that way on the street so all his neighbors could see. One of the neighbors took a video of this ,his pants down,nude from the waist down and hands cuffed.
I am beyond INCENSED about this. Reading this story and watching the video has made me so angry . I hope that these two officers are SEVERLY punished for these actions. Careing for a double amputee I do know this,you can run to get away and its pretty doubtful,correct that, IMPOSSIBLE that they could catch up to you. If you hit a person that is bound to a wheelchair they would not be able to reach you to strike you back if you moved away. So to TASER a person in a chair is inconcievable to me. And to cuff them behind thier back no less is also beyond reason.
I am saddened by this story. With all the real criminals out there ,this is what our policemen do?Are they trained to react this way? Did these policemen feel they had carried out thier duty that day to serve and protect? Disgusting.

1 comment:

  1. This is horrible! But sadly I am not surprised. It is a fact that many characteristics of criminals are shared with police officers- narcissism, impulsive behavior and a sense of grandiosity. No doubt these traits played a role in this horrible event. I wish every day that for one hour people would really pay attention to how different their lives would be if they could simply not stand up, not walk to their bedroom or not reach for a plate in their cupboard. I don't think people even think about these things until it hits close to home.
    I hope these police officers are put in jail right beside the "criminals" they have put in jail- maybe then they'd get whats coming to them.
    This is completely disgusting.

    ReplyDelete