Friday, April 10, 2009

Mental-Pause

Ok ,this post is about Menopause. Or Mental-pause as I call it. I don't know what the maker has against the female species, but it's not funny. First we start out our repreductive life with the once a month "period" which we all know comes with its variety of meladies.

We suffer through life having this period always come to "visit" when we least want or need it to. Vacations,camping trips,honeymoons (no matter how we try to plan around it) It always showed up . Bloating ,mood swings ,ect ect. We have this for maybe how long? maybe 40 years? Then what do we get for all our suffering? .....menopause.

Now this doesn't just happen overnite,oh no,it creeps in slowly over the course of 5 to ten years,with what they call,Peri-menopause. That fun time is when our periods come closer together and become erratic. Oh yes my dears,you NEVER know when your going to get your period. Forget counting the days and following any type of schedule. It comes simply,whenever. Then just when you are through with all that crazyness and they stop coming at all ,which is cause for a party believe you me. You start to become a forgetful idiot. You sweat at the most inoportune moments. A good night sleep becomes a thing of the past and your sex drive takes a hike!! You put on weight without changing your eating habits. Did I mention that you never have to wear a pad or a tampon? yea hang on to that becouse thats the best part...

I have been determined to go through this natural ,no drugs,no hormones... Useing natural remedies. Excersize,herbal supplements,blah blah... Well ya know what? screw that! Summer is coming again and if I have to go through it with 10 or so hot flashes a day again I will most likely kill someone or myself. Just kidding,I wouldn't ,but I might just kill for a good nights sleep. Anyway,seeing my Doctor the end of the month and I am talking to her about these "bio identical hormones " I keep hearing about. Suzanne Summers looks awesome and happy,she says thats the way to go. Well I damn well intend to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment